Keven Stratton is running for House Representative district 48, a newly redistricted area of Provo, Orem and Lindon.
He was recently elected and for the next 8 months to serve as the interim House Representative for District 58. He replaces Steve Sandstrom in the vacancy left when Steve stepped down. The newly redistricted 48 created a gap and lack of representation for the Orem, Lindon and Pleasant Grove areas and Keven stepped up to serve.
Keven graduated from Brigham Young University in Business Finance and went on to receive a JD from the J Rueben Clark Law School. As the father of 5 children, scoutmaster of 25 boys, and running a business, Keven attended Law school. He did so at his own expense and accrued no student debt while working himself through school.
Keven has more than 25 years of experience owning and operating small businesses in Utah County. He’s a Real Estate, Business and Estate-planning Attorney. He is also a land developer and owner and operator of the Cascade Golf Course.
While he is operating his businesses, Keven continues to give back to the community. His awards and honors include:
- Outstanding Businessman of the Year, Utah State Chamber of Commerce
- Outstanding Citizen of the Year, Senator Arthur V. Watkins Award
- Outstanding Citizen Contributor for Orem High School Alumni Student Hall of Honor
Past and Present Boards and Appointments:
- Alpine School District Foundation (multi million $ institution), Chair and Board Member
- Kids on the Move, Chair and Board Member
- Utah Consumer Protection Agency, Advisory Board Member
- Healthy Utah Valley, Chair and Board Member
- Freedom Festival, Committee Member
- Provo/Orem Chamber of Commerce, Chair and Board Member
- Business Advisory Council for the National Republican Congressional Committee, Board Member
- Orem Summerfest Committee, Board Member
- Mali Raising Foundation, Board Member
- Cougar Club, Board Member
Keven and his lovely wife, Laurie, are the proud parents of 8 children and 2 grandchildren.